Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas In Ohrid

          This past weekend I hosted a Christmas party at my place.  Because of everyone's schedule and our Macedonian work schedules here there wasn't a way for us to get together on Christmas.  So we had it a little early but it worked out perfectly.  Personally, I love the holidays and always get filled with the "Christmas spirit" and wanted to share that with my fellow PCV's.  My host family was happy to help host a large American "slava" and without them it wouldn't have been such a success.  (Nor would have there been a fireworks show)!  I also have to thank each volunteer that came, without their contributions to cooking and chipping in, the party wouldn't have been so much fun.  

As you can see we had quite the spread.



Merry Christmas y'all!



A brief speech was made since there was delicious food to eat.
Before the dance party we made Santa decorations.

There was an impromptu dance party.
Goce, my host father, joined in on the fun!
          Lastly, I want to wish each of you a happy and merry Christmas.  As I'm writing this I'm having very strong feelings of missing friends (especially the Roo's), family and Nashville. I'm fortunate to be surrounded by great people here in Macedonia and am grateful to enjoy spending time with them.  Hug your friends and family this holiday season, you never know when you'll see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment